This is the first educational video on obesity produced by Dr. Food. The video provides the public with some basic facts about obesity including the following:
1. Being overweight or obese means your weight is unhealthy for your particular height.
2. Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight.
3. A BMI of 18.5 – 24.9 is normal, 25 – 29.9 is considered being overweight, 30 to 39.9 is considered obesity, and a BMI of 40 or more is considered extreme obesity.
4. BMI is also a good gauge of your risk for diseases that occur with excess body fat. The higher your BMI, the higher your risk for these diseases.
5. The CDC revealed that 68.8% of U.S. adults are considered overweight or obese, 35.7% (over 1 in 3 adults) are considered obese, and 6.3% have extreme obesity.
6. 33.2% of children and adolescents ages 6 to 9 are considered overweight or obese.
7. Obesity is a global problem. According to the World Health Organization, in 2008 more than 1.4 billion adults around the globe were overweight and over half a billion were obese.
8. Weight gain is caused by an energy imbalance between calories consumed and the calories expended.
9. Increases in the prevalence of obesity are the result of greater exposure to and consumption of energy-rich foods, which are high in fat and decreased physical activity.
10. Dr. Food's mission is to help as many people as possible achieve Meaningful Weight Loss ™
11. Meaningful Weight Loss is defined as a substantial and lasting reduction in weight which positively impacts well-being and quality of life.
12. Dr. Food helps patients lose weight and keep them off by adopting smart eating habits and being physically active.
Executive Producer – DR FOOD®
Producer and Agency – Rayhawk Corporation
Writer and Director – Raihan Haque M.D.
Animator and Editor – Wilson Smith
Associate Producer and Rights Management – Jonathan Moore
Narrated by Raihan Haque M.D.
ABOUT DR. FOOD® CORPORATION
Dr. Food Corporation (www.drfood.com) is a leader in weight loss, nutritional education and digital fitness resources. Dr. Food's weight loss solutions help people quickly achieve Meaningful Weight Loss ™. Meaningful Weight Loss (www.meaningfulweightloss.com) is defined as a substantial and lasting reduction in weight that positively impacts well-being and quality of life by enabling people to maintain a healthy weight, adopt smart eating habits, and be physically active.
Dr. Food licenses its comprehensive set of weight loss resources to healthcare providers, consumers, and others interested in nutrition and fitness.
Results achieved by any product or service described or promoted here may vary significantly due to your level of program compliance as well as other individual circumstances. Dr. Food ™ does NOT guarantee any results whatsoever.
Reliance on any information provided here is solely at your own risk.
"DRY FOOD", "Jumping Jack" logo, "You: Better!", "When Failure is NOT an Option", "Lipo Breakdown", "Meaningful Weight Loss" are trademarks or their registered trademarks. © 2013 Dr. Food Corporation. All Rights Reserved.