Heat and humid air: Time is currently affecting many people. But unlike high temperatures, this danger does not feel: exposure to UV rays.
The health risk of ultraviolet radiation of the sun is particularly high in Germany, in some parts even very "unusually high", the German Time Service (DWD) warns.
In the video:
Is Textile a Good Alternative to Sun Protection?
The area, currently (Wednesday, June 19th, 950), under the influence of very high UV radiation, extends from Baden-Württemberg to parts of Bavaria and central Germany to East Germany.
Here are "absolutely necessary protective measures," says DWD's official alert.
Experts advise during time:
- avoid long outdoor stays between 11 and 15 hours
- even in the shade: a sun-tan shirt, wear long pants
- Protect from sunlight (minimum SPF 15+)
- Wear sunglasses with UV protection
- put a broad-banded hat
The danger to health is so high
DWK regularly calculates a hazard index that shows "maximum effective UV radiation" from sunburn.
At present, this hazard index shows at least a high risk of solar radiation throughout Germany:
If you want to be on the safe side, when buying a sunscreen should be on the subject Pay attention to the markup:
- Sunglasses: Appropriate UV protection is provided with the designation DIN EN ISO 12312-1E with the standard "UV-400"
- Protective sunscreen: UV protection UV filter UPF 30 or "UV standard 801" approval seal
Important for sun protection: Dermatologists recommend anti-scent sun protection with SPF 30 and UVA and UVB protection.
The cream should be applied densely and evenly. Do not forget the so-called "sun terraces" of the body, ie the nose, ears, lips, shoulders and the back of the foot. After two hours, apply a sunscreen before bathing.