Cologne / NRW – Night on Monday was already warm tropical in Cologne, but this week temperatures should rise to 37 degrees or more! The whole week is very hot, experts say. The health department of the city of Cologne provides tips on how to behave properly in the heat.
According to the German time service on Monday morning in cities such as Cologne or Duisburg were tropical nights. The temperatures are above 20 degrees.
But it will be still hot in the coming days: Monday, temperatures rise up to 34 degrees. The expected hottest weekday for NRW is expected to be Tuesday at 37 degrees!
The health department of the city of Cologne has prepared hot tips to better cope with the heat:
- At high temperatures you should drink regularly and adequately. Water and juices are great, black tea and coffee are not suitable
- Harmful food is a burden in the heat and should be avoided because it is difficult to digest
- Spore Theme Proofing: It only opens windows when it's colder than inside. This is the case at night and early in the morning
- Ideally light, light and bright. In addition, sunscreen makes sense
- Do not overdo it unnecessarily. Great heat makes your body ready. If you are planning sports or other body work, do it early in the morning or late at night.
The danger of forest fires rises on Tuesday in large parts of North Rhine-Westphalia to the second highest level.
This is evident from the danger index of the forest fires of the German meteorological service. Smoking and open fire are forbidden in the woods!
In the zoo in Cologne, the animals have their own tricks to recover from the heat.
For example, a baby "Lucy" can simply swim in the water. In addition, she gets now and then freeze the "fish cake".
The opposite are bats at the entrance to the zoo in Cologne. You can withstand body temperature up to 41 degrees!
If they are too hot, they reduce water content in the urine and breathing air. So save water.
Humboldt's penguins have another trick: spreading the wings when overturned. As you know, I can not fly but reduce body heat.
By the way, their own "sunscreens" have hippos, Removes reddish liquid that protects against sunlight. People, however, should use a sunscreen on their own! For students it might be interesting when they do get without heat. You can find it here all the information.