Probably no better than relaxing in the summer on the beach in the warm sun. In the most beautiful time of year, spend more time outdoors, showing more skin than during the cold winter months. Hot and strong sun rays make an extra dose of skin care needed in the summer. What you need to pay special attention to the sunscreen is to recommend the best sunscreens for children – all of this and more that we will tell you in this article!
Proper skin care in summer
If you want to sit in the sun in the hot season, get involved well. Sun protection is essential for preventing burns and preventing premature aging of the skin. Of course, the sun protection factor you need depends on the type of skin and the consequent skin protection time. Other important factors include the length of sunlight and the sun's intensity. Always make sure that the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA air. UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin cells and stimulate the formation of free radicals, which can trigger allergies to the sun. UVB sun rays penetrate the epidermis and are responsible for sunburnt and sunburn. Since this directly damages DNA, it can also lead to skin cancer.
Skin care in summer for every skin type
Overall, there are 4 different skin types whose skin tone is determined by melanin content. How long a sunscreen stops depends on the individual skin protection time and the sun protection factor. Time for self-protection is time when the skin can be exposed to sun unprotected – on average it is between 5 and 15 minutes. Recommendations for an optimal sun protection factor (SPF or SPF from English) depending on the type of skin are very different. The sun protection factor shows how long you can expose your skin to sunscreen in the sun without sunburn.
- Type I is considered the most sensitive to light and has very bright skin and blue or green eyes. The so-called Celtic type burns very quickly and therefore use a sunscreen with SPF of 50.
- Type II It also has light skin, blue or light brown hair and blue, brown or gray eyes. It is very slow to tan and very prone to sunburn. Protection with a factor of 30 to 50 is recommended.
- Type III characterized by light brown skin color and dark blue to brown hair. It is considered the Central European standard and it accounts for about 79% of the total population. This type of skin is good, but it burns well. For skin care in the summer, products are suitable with a sun protection factor of 15 to 25.
- Type IV is considered a Mediterranean and has an olive grove, dark hair and eyes. It quickly passes into brown and rarely burns. SPFs from 6 to 10 should be sufficient in this case.
To calculate how long a protective factor protects your skin from sunburn, use the following formula:
Time self-protection * LSF = maximum time in the sun
Make sure, however, that the UV index is neglected. If you check the time on your cell phone tomorrow, just scroll down – there you will find the UV index. Shows how much solar radiation in the region in question is currently high. As a rule, if the value is 3 or higher, be sure to use a sunscreen. It could even be the case with clouds or light rain.
Many tips on skin care during the summer!
If you like spending days in the summer months on the beach or in the garden, you should be completely cremated. Sunscreen works on two levels. All sunscreens have physical filters that remain on the skin. They provide the reflection of the sun's air and then fight against it. The second level includes chemical filters penetrating the skin and forming a protective film. UV rays are not reflected then they are transformed into harmless energy. The rule is that 3 tablespoons of sunscreen are enough for the whole body. They are not allowed to go to the sun until the protection is well absorbed. Do not forget the cream of the so-called sun terrace. This refers to the forehead, nose, ears, neck, shoulders, back of the foot and neckline. As these areas are most exposed to the sun, they are always burning quickly.
The most important thing about skin care in summer is, of course, sunscreen. Sunscreen provides the proper protection of your skin from the sun's rays. Daily Cream with SPF is mainly intended for maintenance and, for example, for moisture protection. Although many cosmetic products already contain SPF, sunscreen is only a great side effect, but unfortunately it is not the main purpose. For this reason, it is recommended that you use warm sunblocks for warm summer months. Another benefit of sunscreen products is that most are waterproof and can withstand heat and sweat. You can continue to apply make-up to sunscreen, but wait until it is completely withdrawn. Fragrances or other cosmetics can react with sunlight, causing unpleasant skin stains. Therefore, we recommend that you leave them at home.
Wet skin care in summer is of great importance
Like winter, your skin needs enough moisture even in the summer. The only difference is that the products for the hot season are much lighter than the rich winter creams. For example, different water treatment products with water gel and aloe vera are excellent. They provide your skin with enough moisture, have a very pleasant cooling effect and absorb very quickly. Another very good alternative are products with hyaluronic acid, which maintain moisture in the skin in a sustainable way.
So in hot days you can look forward to a beautiful and blissful way, thoroughly cleansing the face is essential for skin care during the summer. Increased sweating, as well as salt water, chlorine and sand unfortunately directly lead to clogging of the pores. To prevent pimples and bumble bees, it is very important to clean the face of dirt after a long day in the sun. Get fat-free drugs such as eucalyptus or menthol extracts – they keep the pores clean and provide a refreshing effect. There is also a curtain of water. It is a natural product that moisturizes, soothes irritated skin and fights small impurities. Since the face mask provides a natural pH balance, it should also be necessary for skin care during the summer.
Do not forget to care for your lips and hands during the summer!
Thanks to a variety of sunscreen creams or SPF foundation, your face is well protected from sunlight. Unfortunately, a very sensitive part of the face is often forgotten – lips. Unmistakable lip balmes are perfect for this and can be found in every drugstore or supermarket. For your hands to be flawless and strained for a long time, we recommend using special hand cream with UV factor, at least for hot months.
So avoid summer heat in the summer
Lying on the beach all day and listening to the sound of the sea sounds great, right? But unfortunately, you can quickly get burns from the sun if you lack the proper skin care in the summer. It is an acute inflammation of the skin that can lead to redness, swelling, itching, and sometimes even spikes. The first symptoms occur only after 4 to 8 hours.
- Real apparel: Although most people do not like clothing in the summer, clothing is the best protection from the sun's rays. In this case Four-H Rule – hat, shirt, pants, high SPF helps.
- Repeat cremation is also of great importance. Waterproof products, unfortunately, are not unlimited waterproof, even if they lose their performance very quickly.
- Avoid Strong Sun: In the period between 11 and 16 hours the sun's rays are strongest. Therefore, we recommend that you stay at home during this period and give a little rest to your skin.
- Head covers and sunglasses Do not forget: To avoid burns on the skin of your head or face, you should use a sun hat or even a cap. Sunglasses should not disappear in the hot summer days. Protects the eyes from strong UV radiation and prevents retinal damage.
- Check medicines: Some antibiotics, analgesics or anti-inflammatory agents can also make your skin particularly sensitive to the sun. To avoid burns, read the leaflet or contact your doctor.
Get rid of sunburn – skin care in the summer
Unfortunately, too much sunlight weakens skin's ability to regenerate and leads to small wrinkles. Since skin care in the summer, after long sunburn, is of great importance, we give you some tips to best relieve sunburn.
- Drink lots of water and tea: Since the skin has lost a lot of moisture due to sunburn, it is very important to increase hydration.
- Aloe vera It regenerates and moisturizes the skin so it helps wound healing. For even more intensive and better performance, hold the gel in the fridge.
- Yoghurt and quark help especially well and quickly with light burns. Just put on the skin, let it soak for 10 minutes and take a cold shower.
- Cucumber or sliced portions can even calm down small, burned areas.
Skin care in summer for children
Poor sunburn in childhood doubles the risk of malignant melanoma – the most dangerous types of skin cancer. Therefore, special attention is paid during summer to skin care for children. Since the protective mechanisms of the skin mature until twelve, the protective dermal layer of the skin is much thinner for children than for adults. Because of this, UV radiation can penetrate into deeper layers of the skin, resulting in burns. By the end of the first year, children should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Since sunscreens are very sensitive to sensitive skin, it is recommended that only sunscreen is used at the end of the second year.
What should I pay special attention when it comes to protecting children from the sun?
- Good clothes is the best way to protect your child from burns. Long sleeves and long-sleeved shirts are definitely the best choice.
- Since the head and especially the face and ears are very sensitive, it can happen hat do not miss it.
- After each bath and during longer stay several times cream.
- Always use only for Children suitable for sun protection, which do not contain parabens, benzophenones or ocinoxals.
- Make sure you put it Sunscreen widescreen with a sun protection factor of at least 30, which protects against UVB and UVA air.
In case of burns in children First you need to cool the skin 3 to 5 times a day with a cool, damp cloth until the redness disappears. Then soften areas with a mild hypoallergenic moisturizer or aloe vera gel.
The top 5 sunscreen creams for the best skin care during the summer
With our product recommendations we want to make your decision about buying a bit easier and help you find the right sunscreen.
- Daily Baby Lotion with SPF 50+ provides extraordinarily high protection for children older than one year. Dry immediately into the skin and can spread well. Valuable valuable substances like vitamin E and aloe vera give skin a lot of worries. For 150 ml it costs around 15 euros.
- Hawaiian tropical "hydration of silk" with SPF 30 provide very good protection for your facial skin. Since the oil is oil-free, it does not leave the oily film and does not cling to it. With a price of € 10 for 180 ml, it's still pretty cheap.
- Annemarie Börlind Sunscreen with SPF 30: Since the German Brand Protection Products are full of the best herbal ingredients, the skin is richly nourished and protected, it must not be found in any way in our list. Beeswax and sunflower oil provide intense moisture, while the poppy and panthenol extract work anti-inflammatory. The price is 18 euros for 125 ml.
- Facial care "Coola" with a neutral odor and SPF 30 absorbs very quickly, does not get fat and gives a silky feel on the face. Linen oil and organic nightgown oil have an anti-inflammatory effect, while oil and vitamins E and C nourish and protect the skin. However, this product is 38.50 euros for 50 ml in a higher price range.
- Solar Water Spray from Biotherm It is very easy to spray and is therefore perfect for summer in the beach. It does not get immediately, but leaves a clear, thin film that does not grease or does not stick.