Influence of sage tea: Important facts about sage
- Official name: Salvia officinalis ("Official healing")
- family: Lippenblüter
- Bloom: From May to July
- region: Mediterranean
Influence of Sage Tea: Introduction
- Sage can grow as a shrub to a height of half a meter. Sage leaves are fairly narrow and are used fresh or dried as a spice. sage leaves However, they are applied in medicine, for example in inflammation.
- Salvia is used as a medicinal herbbecause sage leaves are made of essential oils and useful bitter substances such as flavonoids or diterpenes involved. Essential oils and bitter substances have a very positive effect on many diseases, inflammations and diseases, so sage is used for drinking, as well as in the form of a solution or capsule.
Influence of Sage Tea: How's the preparation going?
You can make sage tea yourself. Take for example 1.5 grams of sage leaves and pour 150 ml of boiling water over leaves. Now leave the tea soaking about 10 minutes before you can enjoy it.
By the day you need it no more than six grams sheets. If you want to use watering or flushing in your mouth, it is best to use 2.5 grams of herbs.
Effect of Sage Tea: 7 Practical Advantages
- Contains essential oils that stimulate blood circulation and kill germs
- Gorgeous substances help release the mucus and reduce bleeding
- Sage is antibacterial and therefore useful for colds / coughs
- As a home remedy for gingivitis helps sage, which inhibits inflammation and alleviates bleeding
- Relaxing effect on gastric problems or menstrual cramps
- Generally, sage helps reduce stress and tension
- To improve memory
Influence of Sage Tea: Side Effects
- Like all herbs, many benefits are also on the side of side effects, especially too high or inadequate living conditions can come. Small children, pregnant and breastfeeding it should be completely abstain from the wise. The plant, on the other hand, is used for quenching because it has been shown to have an inhibitory effect on milk production.
- Contents of sage Thujone is a high dose neurotoxin and therefore can cause headaches and gastrointestinal discomfort if consumed permanently and exaggeratedly. Also, side effects can be extended to the urinary bladder and cause problems to completely discharge them (urine retention).
Sage is not the only plant that works against inflammation. Would you rather drink another tea? Find out about the effects of green tea here. We also show you whether an exotic diet such as a military diet or a New York diet is good for your body and health.
If you want to talk to others about the effects of sage and other plants, check out our BRIGITTE community.