Summer, sun, beach and sea – and sun protection? What many of us inevitably belong to is actually only half the truth. Because sun protection is needed on high mountains, on supposedly cloudy days, and even in winter ski areas, where snow reflection can even increase the UV exposure problem. Sunshine hazardous UV rays penetrate undetected skin without sunscreen, not only accelerating skin aging, but also causing genetic damage, so cells can degenerate and create skin cancer. With what simple means you can protect, you will learn in this article.
Who returns from the summer home wants to feel relaxed and it also shows: healthy after the best age of the year is only a guarantor or not? Unfortunately, this trend of well-maintained tense is far from complete. Healthy does not exist at all, because every effect of UV radiation on sunlight on human skin is fueled by their aging and the risk of black skin cancer, Malignant melanoma. Experts repeatedly point out that "the skin never forgets any sun's air".
"False news" about sunscreens
1. If the sun is hiding behind the clouds, I'm safe from sunburn.
Most people are safe when the sun disappears behind the clouds. In fact, we often do not see the sun for a long time. However, UV rays continue to reach the ground, as they penetrate even clouds. However, unlike, for example, bees, people can not perceive UV light and therefore, for many "sun", it means "sun-burn danger".
To assess the current danger of sunburn, it is more important to know the so-called " UV index. It has been developed as a system of early warning by international expert committees and should help to better assess the current exposure to UV radiation. At present, there are about 17 measuring stations in Germany that determine daily peak exposure levels for UV radiation that are effective for sunburn and expected for a given day. On the Federal Office of Radiation Protection (abbreviation BfS) website, all of Germany can collect these metrics and predict a three-day UV radiation exposure. It works the same way as the weather forecast, and the big thing is that the UV index is calculated in the same way as the World Health Organization (WHO) was universally defined. How do you read the UV Index? Well, really simple: the higher the UV index, the faster unprotected skin will experience burns from the sun and it is more important to protect it from its proper sunscreen.
2. Sunscreens cause even skin cancer
It is also common to read that sunscreen or sunscreen promotes skin cancer. That is, of course, wrong. Although sunscreen users are more likely to suffer from skin cancer, this can of course not be attributed to a protective agent. Instead, skin protection agents are used or not used in accordance with the instructions for use or application of sunscreen creates a false assumption that there is no longer any sunlight on the skin.
The fact is, however, that sunscreens, of course, depend on the skin's sweatiness and the behavior of bath users, as well as the use of the highest sun protection factor. A shrinking protective factor will not be able to prevent even sunburn and skin damage to melanoma.
Recommended sunscreen – you definitely need to do it.
The power of the sun is generally underestimated. Therefore, experts for several years complain about the increase in skin cancer associated with UV radiation. However, if you consider the following tips, you can enjoy the sun and the warmth in all seasons and places of the world with a clear conscience:
- Between 11 and 15 hours UV radiation is the highest. Then stay in the house or rest in the shade.
- The most simple and safe protection can be achieved with long sleeves and headgear. A pair of sunglasses prevents eye damage. However, it should have 100% UV protection or UV 400 and enough side protection.
- Avoid skin makeup and other cosmetics because they can interact with the sun's light and cause pigmentation problems.
- Adults should use a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 20, which also contains UVA and UVB filters. For sensitive or very light skin we recommend a sun protection factor of 50+. When sun protection has to be rich and repeatedly cremated.
- Since up to 90% of dangerous UV rays also penetrate through the cloud, also consider shady days to have sufficient light protection.
- Some medications can respond with sunlight, eg B. Preparation of the Lady's grass. So ask your doctor right in advance for proper sun exposure.