Anabolic diet: losing weight as a bodybuilder?

The anabolic diet is especially popular with bodybuilders. However, why she may be of interest to many women, you will find out here.

Anabolic diet: a woman with a weight

The Anabolic Diet: An Introduction

  • Dieting is like sand at sea and you may feel that you are slowly losing your orientation. You've probably heard of the ketogenic diet as A low-carb diet it is widespread.
  • The anabolic diet is a special modification ketogenic diet and is divided into different stages. She likes to be used by bodybuilders, as she is with her Burn fat while maintaining muscle need. What it looks like in practice, you will learn now.

Anabolic nutrition: basics

  • The anabolic diet is based on Principles of low carb diets, That is, carbohydrates should be spared, because they can be stored in excess as body fat.
  • As macronutrients they are therefore especially consumed proteins and fatsso insulin is kept within limits. Unlike other diets, such as the Atkins diet, however, the Anabolic Diet works not like a strict low carb dietbut it also includes a stage where carbohydrate consumption is allowed.
  • The goal of nutrition is To promote fat burning while maintaining muscle mass or even continue to build. This form of diet was developed by Canadian Mauro Di Pasquales in the 1980s.

Anabolic Diet: Phase 1

  • The first phase is based on the keto diet and is deleted Carbohydrates to the absolute minimum (5%) from the diet. At 60 percent, most foods are made from fat, and 35 percent of your diet serves your body as protein.
  • It's important to have one negative calorie balance at this stage, therefore, you are consuming less calories than you burn in the day. The phase lasts about 6 days, the body reverses metabolism and reduces fat (ketosis), insulin is difficult to release.

Anabolic Diet: Phase 2

  • The second phase allows your body to be short-lived The expiration of time since the departure of carbohydrates. Now you can 50-60 percent Cover your diet with carbohydrates, as you break down the rest into fats (30 to 40%) and protein (10-20%).
  • Carbohydrates give you energy and stimulate your metabolism again. After two days you return to the first phase so that not too much insulin is released and the body returns to fat burning mode.
  • You can do this phase adapt, depending on persistence and success. However, phase 2 should take no longer than two days and it is best to rely on long-chain carbohydrates in the form of rice, potatoes and oatmeal.
  • You can Change between stages as often as you like and decide for yourself how long you want to go on a diet.

Anabolic diet: benefits

  • The body resorts to ketogenic phase 1 fat reserves
  • In the second phase, the body stores the carbohydrates for storage in the muscles (greater endurance achievements are possible)
  • By changing phases, the body is supplied with all the nutrients and a balanced diet can be implemented as a whole
  • Compared to a clean, low-carb diet that's easier to carry and more energy for everyday life
  • Maintain a stable blood sugar level

Anabolic diet: cons

  • Not recommended for diabetics or people with metabolic disorders
  • The ketogenic phase can increase fatigue and you lack energy
  • If a lot of high fat foods are consumed, it can lead to digestive problems
  • Too many carbs or a failure to maintain a calorie deficit in the first phase can easily compromise your success

Interested in Other Weight Loss Diets? You may like the military diet or the New York diet. We also show you how to easily create a diet plan.

If you want to discuss diets with others, check out our BRIGITTE community.




Brigitte newsletter

Brigitte newsletter

Fashion & Beauty, Travel, Love & Cooking Trends & Tips – Read Brigitte's Best of the Week