If you want to lose a few pounds, you are often spoiled for choice. Because there are countless diets and adoption programs on the market. However, many do not keep their promises and recommend avoiding noodles, rice and co. As a result, carbohydrates usually get a bad name. That's why a lot of people think that carbs are fattening. Why you should not believe this and what is behind carbohydrates, you will learn in the next article.
What does slow food with carbohydrates mean?
Carbs are not bad in themselves. Because there are both good and bad. This circumstance uses a so-called carbohydrate diet. Bad carbs are avoided and good carbohydrates are deliberately delivered. This distinguishes, for example, a high-carbohydrate diet from a low-carbohydrate diet. At Slow-Carb you just don't have to do without carbs completely. This reduces the risk of malnutrition.
What is the idea behind it?
The idea behind the carbohydrate diet is: Use less fat when you eat certain foods (a diet rich in protein and high-fiber proteins). By mixing proteins and vegetables in the diet, the body converts metabolism to fat burning, which is associated with weight loss.
Where does the slow carbon diet come from?
The inventor of this diet is Tim Ferriss, an American author and entrepreneur. He lost 10 kg of fat within 30 days using this method, as he describes it in his book. And only with the help of a changed diet.
How does it work?
Its diet is supplemented by "slow" carbohydrates ("slow carbohydrates"), which bind water to the stomach and make it longer. The body switches to fat metabolism and thus burns fat instead of sugar. As a result, fat deposits are used for energy. The following foods are allowed for this:
- Foods that contain little protein, such as eggs, fish, seafood, poultry or beef.
- Legumes, such as lentils, black beans, pinto beans, or red beans.
- Low-calorie vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, cabbage, asparagus, broccoli or peas.
- Non-calorie drinks such as water, unsweetened tea and coffee.
- Salads, such as lettuce, lettuce, chicory or chicory.
What rules should be followed in a carbohydrate diet?
To lose weight successfully, there are a few points to keep in mind with a carbohydrate diet:
- You should make three to four meals, consisting of fish, lean meat, vegetables and legumes, and they eat over and over again, the meals should not be monotonous. Tip: You can also choose fantastic dishes like ceviche or even snack like beef.
- Quickly digestible carbohydrates such as bread, rice or pasta should be avoided.
- You should drink non-calorie drinks such as water, unsweetened tea and black coffee.
- Fruits should be avoided as they contain a lot of fructose.
- You should also avoid sweet dairy products because of milk sugar.
- Once a week, you can afford a so-called cheatday: So you can eat whatever and how much you want. The purpose of this day is to avoid craving and pervade other days.
Whether or not this form of nutrition will come into question is, of course, your decision. But if you want to lose weight, a carbohydrate diet is definitely worth a try.