This diet is best for postmenopausal women 2

This diet is best for postmenopausal women

Menopause time completely transforms the female body. And at the end of menopause, one of the many other challenges is the question: Does my body need a different diet, a special diet? A new study provides the answers.

The woman's body must become accustomed to many changes after menopause. The ovaries slow the production of sex hormones (estrogens and progestogens), women become infertile. The consequences are even more far-reaching: Estrogen deficiency affects the protection of blood vessels from clogging of the arteries, losing the risk of stroke and heart attack. It also statistically increases the risk of breast cancer.

It is these physical changes in postmenopausal women that have interested scientists at the Cancer Research Center in Seattle, Washington and their colleagues at the Women's Health Initiative (WHI). To find out if a particular diet can minimize these risks, they exposed one group of women to one high-fat diet and the other to a low-fat diet. The subjects already had menopause behind. The specialty of the study was a long period of almost 20 years, as reported by "medicalnewstoday.com".

There are always better treatments for breast cancer.

A high fat and low fat diet previously tested in mice and rats

The research team used older studies in studies that had already been shown in rats and mice that rodents with low-fat diets develop fewer tumors than those with high-fat diets. Some of these studies also apply to breast cancer. For example, it has recently been shown that adherence to diets can prolong women's lives, especially in this type of cancer.

Inspired by these results, the team wanted Ross Prentice of the Cancer Screening and Biostatistics Program at the Fred Hutchinson Research Center in Seattle, Washington, along with colleagues at WHI, now studying the benefits of low-fat diets for menopausal women.

Specifically, scientists have followed nearly 50,000 postmenopausal women over two decades to determine the effects of low-fat diets on breast cancer, colorectal cancer and the risk of heart disease. Prentice and his colleagues published their findings in the journal Nutrition.

With powerful breast cancer foods.

A study period of almost 20 years

Nearly 49,000 women were initiated in the 1990s: 40 percent were prescribed a low-fat diet, and they needed to eat a higher proportion of fruits, vegetables, and grains. The other 60 percent were able to follow their usual high fat diet.

However, after an observation of 8.5 years, the analysis revealed no specific differences between the two groups. It was only after a much longer monitoring period that scientists realized the great benefit of this diet.

In women who had breast cancer and had a low-fat diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and grains, the mortality rate dropped by 15 to 35 percent. In addition, women in this group developed a 13 to 25 percent lower chance of developing diabetes or coronary artery disease (15 to 30 percent).

With these symptoms, you have to expect menopause – and you can!

menopause

© Getty Images; BUNTE.de

Health benefits of fruits, vegetables and grains

This study of nutritional change provides women with important insights into disease prevention, Ross Prentice out loud "medicalnewstoday.com". "Recent findings support the role of nutrition in general health and show that a diet rich in low-fat fruits, vegetables and cereals has health benefits without adverse effects."

If you want to work on your bikini figure, this shake will help! Save on your order with BUNTE.de!

background

Alessandra Meyer-Wölden uses this drink for weight loss


Buying a job with BUNTE.de
Alessandra Meyer-Wölden: The model relies on this weight loss drink!

Although summer is nearing its end, we have to admit that we have not quite reached our weight loss goals for this year. If you like it, we have a very special, intelligent weight loss drink for you: Beauty Regulatpro® Slim Beauty not only supports you in losing weight, but also provides all kinds of beauty vitamins to your body. Model and 5-time mom Alessandra Meyer-Wölden are already swearing – now we are!

STAR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU

Get all the news about your stars right away by following them!