There are countless germs on smartphones. For this reason, it is recommended to clean the device regularly.
© iprogressman / iStockphoto
Mo. December 02, 2019
The most effective flu strategies are certainly the annual flu vaccination and thorough hand washing. Experts have more tips to offer, which you can do to avoid becoming infected.
Flu viruses survive for up to an hour on the hands and on some surfaces for up to two days. This is why regularly washing your hands with a flu vaccine and avoiding contact with the sick is one of the key tips that experts pay attention to when it comes to preventing infection.
But there are even more tips that can help you get through the flu season and not have to sleep inadvertently:
- Enough sleep: A 2015 study found that people who slept less than six hours at night were more susceptible to colds.
- Drink Tea: An analysis released in 2018 shows that catechins, mainly found in green tea, can inhibit the spread of influenza virus in the body.
- Vitamin D Rich Foods: Although there is not much literature to suggest that vitamin D reduces the risk of transmission and transmission of influenza. However, according to the researchers, you cannot go wrong if you pay attention to an adequate diet and intake of vitamin D. Suitable sources are oily fish, dairy products, dietary supplements and sunlight.
- Disinfect smartphones and tablets: Microbiologist Charles Gerba explains that cell phones and similar items can be easily transferred to other surfaces several times a day. Therefore, it recommends cleaning it regularly, such as a microfiber cloth or cotton pad.
- Do not touch your face: Even if it is difficult: Eyes, nose and mouth are the most important entry points for influenza viruses. Keeping your hands away from your face reduces the risk of infection.
View all the news you get aponet.de under News.